Saturday, March 13, 2010

kids

Had some funny experiences with kids this past week.

I went to the home of two adorable piano students on Thursday. The younger of the two, Ella, is six years old. We were talking about how March is almost over and how excited I am to be out of school in a few weeks.

"You're still in school?!" she asked, incredulously.
"Yeah, tell me about it!" I responded.
"And you even have a husband?!?"
"I even have a husband. But I'm graduating in a few weeks."
"Fin-a-lly!"

That's how I feel!

Then at the next house I was teaching a 7-year-old twin. She's really into art and drama and music. All of a sudden, she exclaims "Sometimes art is more frightening than music!"

Where do these kids get it?

Last night McKay and I had five of our nieces and nephews sleepover. They made forts and took turns in the jetted tub. They had their beds set up in two of our spare bedrooms before settling on "the blue room" for the night. Mark decided to sleep in the closet. The kids were quick to place dibs on the closet for ensuing sleepovers. What fun.

I think all kids have a natural instinct to build forts


1 comment:

  1. I love making forts! Thanks again for watching the kids. They had a blast!

    ReplyDelete