Wednesday, January 12, 2011

the Harper post

Harper is peacefully snoozing on me right now, which gives me the perfect opportunity to blog.

To start with, here's what Harper is up to at eleven weeks old:

-smiling lots, with the occasional laugh. She has about 45-minutes of alert, awake time right after she eats (or wakes up from a nap) where we play and interact. She smiles and makes eye contact and babbles a bit. When we're lucky, we can get a little laugh out of her. Here's a little clip of one of her first laughs:

(because I was holding the phone and trying to get her to laugh, it's not the best filming job, but you get the idea!)


-sleeping from about 10pm-5am on average. I'm so grateful she's gotten a night routine down so quickly! I'm still waiting for her to take good naps in her crib, but when it comes to night time, she loves going to bed! I nurse her around 9 or 9:30 and then put her down. She goes to sleep without a fuss, sucking on her fingers (melts my heart!) She wakes up around 4 or 5am, eats, and then goes right back down for another three hours or so. It's really nice having some time with McKay before bed, knowing she'll be happily asleep for most of the night. 

-growing! At her 2 month appointment she weighed in at 14.1 lbs (97th percentile) and was 24 1/4 inches long (95th percentile). Her head is measuring in the 50th percentile, which means she'll probably end up in the 50th percentile after a year or two of growing and adjusting. She's a chunk and we love her chubby cheeks, big round belly and leg rolls. She gives us a good workout, too - she just loves being held and carted around the house!

-her head/neck control is getting better and better and I don't think we are too far away from some tummy to back rolling. We think she's just great!


5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! She is so so cute! And that's awesome she's sleeping so well at night! It really helps, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a cutie! Sleeping is a wonderful thing! Just wait until she does 12 hours a night. Oh man, did I start praising the heavens every morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steph, she is SO cute! I love the last picture. Hope you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO cute!! She's growing so fast!! Chubby babies are the cutest and Harper definitely takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I always wanted a baby with big chubby cheeks! Oh well, I can admire yours, she is so sweet! Good for you that she is sleeping! That is the best!

    ReplyDelete