Wednesday, April 7, 2010

i love the sky


Although the weather of the past two days has been quite disagreeable (spring in Utah - anything goes!) the stormy, windy days have made for some spectacular sunsets! Due to daylight savings time, I have been able to drive home during sunset a couple nights a week. And what beautiful drives they've been!

I've always been fascinated with the sky. There's almost nothing more captivating to me than a gorgeous sunset, or a starry night sky. In another life, I would major in Sky Watching (maybe a made up degree).

Yesterday, as I was driving north on I-15 the road ahead was dark with a thick grey blanket of clouds. Behind me in the rear view mirror was Mount Nebo, bright and glowing as the sun set on its snow-covered peaks. To my left was a beautiful break in the low-hanging clouds. Dark purple and milky white clouds swirled together like soft-serve ice cream on a background of glowing pink. Pictures never do a sunset justice, especially when taken while driving. But here's my best result from my reckless driving photo shoot.


1 comment: