Thursday, May 6, 2010

bunnies and bands

If you haven't played the game Killer Bunnies, you probably should. McKay and I have enjoyed a few wild rounds of this entertaining carrot-quest-card-game with friends and family over the past week, and it's become a new favorite!

The object of the game: have the winning carrot at the end of the game - chosen at random from a pile of numbered cards. Your chances of winning are 1 in 12 at best IF you have a living bunny, and at least one carrot by the end. The rest of the game is spent trying to kill other's bunnies, steal carrots, buy food, deflect weapons ( like black holes and chainsaws) and keep a bunny and a carrot alive until all the carrots are gone for the slight chance that your carrot is the winner.

It's a riot. Entertaining, random, and creative.

Also this week was my brother, Scott's 35th birthday. We had a BBQ at their new house and stayed late playing Band Hero on the Wii. With a guitar, bass, drums and vocals, my nieces, Scott, McKay and I had a pretty rockin time and left exhausted, hoarse, and danced-out. My favorite songs were Mr. Roboto (AWESOME on the guitar!) and ABC by Jackson Five (featuring me on vocals). Taylor Swift was a frequent choice by Megan (age 9) who rocked the vocals.

There's something about having a fake instrument in your hands that transforms you into a rock star. I was jamming out and making up sweet moves while I tapped out the colored tabs on medium difficulty. So fun.

1 comment:

  1. Yessssssssssssssssssss Killer Bunnies!! We will play again soon.

    ReplyDelete