Wednesday, June 9, 2010

mid-week moments

Wednesday: the middle of the week. Sometimes a great reminder that the weekend is on the horizon, and sometimes a dull day halfway to nowhere.

Today was one of those rose-colored Wednesdays. I woke up early and refreshed. I had enough time to pack lunches before McKay and I left for work/teaching. I got done teaching early. I watched The Office while I made dinner for a woman who just had a baby (love being in a family ward) and chatted Philippines with her husband who is Filipino. Then when I got home McKay and I cuddled up on the couch for a bit . . . and woke up 3 hours later around 9 pm! We heard a thunderstorm while we dozed. It was one of those fun spontaneous moments that I'm sure we'll have fewer of when our little tyke comes along.

In other news, I've decided to take up the guitar this summer. And the organ.

My home ward building has a sweet old pipe organ that just got some costly upgrades and there hosting a free 5 week organ clinic. Guess who is going to be the next Linda Margetts/JS Bach? Me.

Also I've commandeered the little nylon string guitar that has been through all my brothers so I can become the guitar hero I've always dreamed of being.

We'll see how these musical endeavors go. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. I especially like the fact that you ended your post with, "stay tuned." Nice and punny, considering the content. :)

    ReplyDelete