Sunday, August 15, 2010

early autumn love


















I just read a facebook post from a friend declaring her eager excitement for the approaching season . . . and I got thinking about my most beloved time of year. Though perhaps premature, this post is dedicated to all the exciting things about fall 2010. Feel free to sip some cocoa while reading.

This year I am especially pumped for fall. For the first time in my memory I will be basking in the changing of summer into fall as a college graduate! no back to school. no tuition. no new packs of pencils doomed to be lost within the first week of purchase. no syllabi. no books to buy. no rushing to campus. no parking frustration. and NO late nights studying! "Ha-cha-cha" (Ghostwriter)

What will occupy my time? Well, during the early days of fall we will be welcoming in the Fallidays - a tradition begun last year by McKay and me to celebrate those early fall months when Christmas is too far away and Halloween is too lame to commemorate.

Labor Day is the official kick-off to Fallidays and will be spent with McKay's family in Moab this year.

Last year McKay commissioned, and I wrote, our first official Fallidays song. An important item of autumn business will be writing this year's Fallidays theme song.

Soup September, brand new to this year of Fallidays, will feature new soup recipes each week. Guaranteed to please.

October will bring one of the highlights of Fallidays - General Conference and screpes. For my long time followers, you may remember reading about screpes - or square crepes - in earlier posts. This is a delicious and favorite Fallidays tradition.

And of course, the most momentous and eventful occasion of this fall is the arrival of our baby girl in early November! Fall 2010 will not only be a season of pumpkin and cocoa and sweaters and scarves and crunchy leaves and crisp air, but a season of nesting and baby showers and an increasing belly!

So farewell to the last few weeks of summer, and a hearty hello to the most wonderful time of the year!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for your happy upcoming Fall! Can't believe you are going to have a sweet lil' baby girl join you for the festivities. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous for the lack of tuition and books. sigh. But I am so happy for your enjoyable FALL!! And so happy your first baby gets to be born in you favorite season! And I am SUPER excited for the crisp Fall air the crunching of leaves. AHH! "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" (You could totally rework the words of that lovely Christmas jingle to fit for the Fall.)

    ReplyDelete