Sunday, November 21, 2010

lately on Chestnut street

As I write this I'm watching the snow fall outside the windows, listening to Amy Grant's Christmas album, snuggled under a blanket as Harper snoozes on daddy. What a peaceful Sunday afternoon!  

The last couple weekends have been eventful around here. Last Saturday we spontaneously decided to head to the outlets at Park City. We loaded Harper up and hit the road. We enjoyed lunch at a Mexican place and found a cute Christmas dress for our little one. Then that evening I left Harper with Dad and Grandma + Grandpa Thomas for the longest stretch of time yet! I enjoyed an evening with my mom at the BYU Singers + Concert Choir concert. It was great, but I was ready to get home to my baby!

This past weekend we had a day full of errands, shopping, and a wedding reception. Though she slept for much of the time, we realized that Harper has her limits when it comes to being out and about and we reached them yesterday! She was exhausted when we got home, and she made sure we knew it! We got her calm and sleeping and decided to take it easy on the adventures in the future.

Scary mom moment while we were out and about yesterday: I was walking into a store carrying Harper. I was going to put her in her wrap, but because it was windy and cold I just wanted to get inside first. On my way, I somehow tripped and took a spill - while holding my baby! Fortunately, I was able to take all the impact of the fall (which resulted in some road rash on my hand and wrist and holes in my jeans) but it was a scary moment! So glad Harper didn't get hurt.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here are a few things I am grateful for today:

A garage: no scraping the snow this morning!
Hot water: showers. baths. clean dishes. clean clothes.
Good health: I am so thankful to be healthy. I was so blessed with an easy pregnancy, delivery and recovery. Harper is healthy, McKay is healthy and we are very grateful! I have dear friends who have recently suffered miscarriages, infertility, and other difficult trials. My heart aches for them, and I am humbled.  
White Noise: I have an app on my iPhone that has a bunch of sounds - rain, beach waves, crickets, etc. This has been a lifesaver and is like magic sleeping dust for Harper!

There's so much to be thankful for! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. Your new family is SO cute! I love them very, very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you weren't hurt too badly when you fell. I bet that was so scary!

    ReplyDelete