Thursday, November 11, 2010

november

Apparently November is NaBloPoMo (yes, that's real) - National Blog Posting Month. You're supposed to post something everyday for the whole month. Looks like I missed the boat on that one! I haven't been such a great blogger since baby Harper was born, but I want to jump back on track and document our little growing family.

I feel like there's so much to say, and yet when I sit down to write I find myself suffering from bloggers-block. To start with, here are some Harper updates:
At her 2 week appointment, she measured in at 21.5 inches, and 8 lbs, 12 oz! Looks like I'm pumping out pure cream, and she enjoys eating as much as I do!
We're still learning how to sleep longer than an hour or two at night, but she's had two great nights in a row, including a four hour stretch last night!
Harper is a wiggler, and a grunter. She makes all kinds of noises in her sleep - grunting, squeaking, sighing, etc. She's also pretty strong and works out her arms and legs all day - even in her sleep.
She loves sleeping on people - especially dad - and enjoys her bassinet much less!
She sleeps especially well with movies on and music pumping. We're taking advantage of that phase.
She's hot and cold on 1)her pacifier - sometimes it's soothing, and other times it's just a dirty trick. 2)being swaddled. It's either the only thing that calms her down, or it ticks her off!
She loves to be rocked and sung to, and McKay and I get lots of moving and singing practice in each day.

Harper brings us so much joy! It's amazing how much you can love someone who hasn't said a single word to you. A little bundle of responsibility who pees and poops all day - and often at that exact moment in between diapers! Someone who wakes you up several times each night crying. But, boy we sure do love her!



We can't wait to watch her grow up. I've done my fair share of babysitting in my life, and to be honest, I've had doubts about the whole toddler-who-gets-into-everything phase. It can be pretty tiring to chase a little kid around. Everyone always says "don't worry, it's different with your own kids" and now I understand! I can't wait to watch Harper take her first steps and chase her around the house and hear her first words and teach her to read and to interact with this perfect little girl.

4 comments:

  1. Did I tell you CONGRATS yet???!? I meant to, i did. She's gorgeous Steph and I really love the name Harper (not that my opinion really counts, ha!). I can't believe you're a mama, that trips me out! I'm excited to hear about all of your new adventures. xoxo to the family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore little Harper:) And agreed, the name is just perfect. All the adorable things she is doing... Wish I could be there to see. I just think you two are going to be the most precious parents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is darling. I can't get over the name either. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow how cute..i love u baby harper!!!

    ReplyDelete