Sunday, December 5, 2010

I wish I didn't know . . .

image via legaljuice.com
We begin today's post with a story that comes straight out of a bad dream. Reader discretion is advised!

Last night I went to bed early with Harper. I was exhausted and wanted to catch a bit of sleep before her next meal. When McKay came up to bed I got up to brush my teeth and visit my old friend, the bathroom, before our nightly prayers. I was super groggy and grabbed the first toothbrush my hands found in the dark. As I brushed I noticed how great the toothbrush felt. The bristles were fuller and stronger than I remembered. I must have grabbed McKay's toothbrush . . . his was sure nicer than mine! But oh well, we're married, right? A little toothbrush sharing wasn't going to kill me. So I brushed away, enjoying the high quality of his superior brush. I focused on the back teeth and even my tongue and went back to bed feeling fresh and clean.

Then, this morning as I was getting ready, what became clear to me with the lights on sent shivers down my spine. The wonderful toothbrush was . . . yes . . . the toothbrush that had been converted into the cleaning toothbrush. Yesterday we had some friends over for lunch who hadn't seen our house yet. We had to do a frantic speedy clean of our entire house and in the rush the toothbrush must have gotten put in the regular toothbrush drawer. The worst part of all? I feel so mortified I can barely write it. McKay just did a magnificent job on the hard water in the spare bathroom toilet. I don't know what is worse . . . the toilet itself or the super strong CLR cleaner that was used. Needless to say, I wanted to throw up when I realized. I grabbed the listerine, re-brushed with the correct toothbrush, prayed for my health, and then tried to forget the incident.

I really can't believe it happened. It's the worst. It's from a horror movie!!

But 24 hours later, I'm still alive and well. Amazing what the human body can survive.

4 comments:

  1. ((shudder))
    I am SOOO SORRY! I would think I would die too! You are such a trooper! It IS amazing what a body can take. I'll pray any bad side effects will be non-existent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gross.... but soooooooooo funny (in a gross sort of way). You are so awesome for writing that down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! Never brush with the lights off again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the pic!! It just ties the whole mental image together ;)

    ReplyDelete