Friday, January 28, 2011

Asian sensation

Thanks to those of you who suggested OurBestBites.com for recipes - dinner swap went great last night! I tried out a few new recipes {found here, here and here} and aside from scrambling at the last minute to get everything together - amidst an ever growing pile of measuring cups, produce peels, and scattered spices - it was a huge success! And bonus points for leftovers.

In other news, I'm pleased to report that Harper has been napping {in her crib} for 45 minutes now. She's an absolute champ at bedtime. We're up to almost 11 hours a night now! But, naps are another story. The typical nap run-around goes something like this: I sing/pat/bounce/pace her to sleep around 9 am {this process can take anywhere from 10 to 45 minutes}. I hold her for a bit while I catch up on my facebook news feed from my phone to make sure she's really asleep. I gently put her in her crib and creep out of her room. 5 or 10 minutes later she wakes up, cries, and it's back to the soothing to sleep routine.

However, things may be turning a corner. A couple days ago my awesome sister-in-law took her for a few hours and sent me out for some me-time. And get this - Harper took a 2 hour nap for her! Later that afternoon she took a 1-hour nap for me. Yesterday was a crazy day with errands and lots of car time, but today I'm back on the nap train. So far so good! Hopefully this is the beginning of a new and beautiful thing!

1 comment:

  1. Our best bites is one of my favorite blogs. I use it all of the time and just pre-ordered their cookbook. I am so excited! I love that you swap dinners. That makes life a lot easier. And you get to try new things!

    ReplyDelete