Saturday, January 29, 2011

mega bites


It's been a tasty weekend.
My first experience with a pomelo. Can't get over the size of the peel! It's thick stuff. I learned how to open it from a cute Thai woman on YouTube.


I'm working on mastering my {mom's} cookie recipe. Rather than small chocolate chips, I've been using these bad boys. giant. chocolate. disks.

Delish, and oh so fattening. Good for breakfast. Good for dessert. Good for my soul.

We enjoyed having my parents and Randy over for dinner, banana grams and my favorite episode of The Office tonight. My dad learned the ins and outs of Facebook {newbie!} and took McKay's iPhone for a spin - his Verizon account is due for an upgrade, lucky guy! We're so blessed to have both our families close - for a few more months. Harper has awesome grandparents and we'll sure miss them when we're in Brazil. Thank goodness for Skype and FaceTime!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, friends.

3 comments:

  1. One of my neighbors in Hawaii had a pomelo tree - they would pick some for themselves and then line the rest up on the low stone wall around their yard for anyone to walk by and take. We were curious one day and finally went over and grabbed a couple. At first, we didn't think there was anything in there because the peel was so stinkin thick!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss the Brazil post??? What's going on? When are you going? For how long? I believe it deserves its own post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Emily- it sure did get its own post :) scroll down a bit. It's the changes post.

    ReplyDelete