Sunday, January 23, 2011

black skirt blues

This post brought to you by 11 o' clock church: where you can have a crazy morning and still be in your seat early!

When I was in high school I got my first dressy skirt suit. The jacket doesn't fit like it used to, but the skirt has been a staple in my wardrobe . . . for the past 6 years. Every girl needs a go-to black skirt. But after six years of going to it, it gets old.

In those years since high school I have gradually added to my wardrobe, but somehow, when faced with getting ready on Sunday several outfits end up on me, and then on the floor, and then I resort back to the black skirt. Today was one such morning.

First it was the cute coral jumper with bolero shrug. Scratch that. I'm nursing. Tops + skirts only.

Next it was the hip grey skirt I picked up at Nordy's rack in Spokane. Perfect if there was something to wear on top. Tried some black tops - spit up smudges. Dark sweater vest? ugly (and maternity, so kind of an awkward fit right now).

A few more things went on, and then off, and so the black skirt it was. And she delivered like an old, true friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment