Friday, January 7, 2011

Thomas Twenty-Ten Highlights

Harper has sure kept me busy today. It's been one of those I-get-why-showers-are-like-gold-to-moms mornings. But at last, I am dressed, dinner is in the crock pot, the kitchen is clean and one load of laundry made it from the washer to the dryer. Harper is snoozing in her Baby K'tan (a godsend!). With Modern Family on and a diet coke by my side, it's blogging time!

I just love celebrating a new year and looking back on the past one. 2010 was definitely the most eventful year of our lives thus far! To recap the adventures, here's a monthly look at the biggest and best of 2010.

January: New Year, New York
We rang in the  new year in Times Square! 
I planned a big secret birthday/Christmas trip for McKay and me last year. I kept it a secret from August to Christmas night! My parents made up a fake trip to Oregon to get us to "drop them off" at the airport. When we got there and got out their luggage (which was really ours that had been secretly packed and planted in the trunk earlier that day) I whipped out our tickets from SLC to JFK and officially won the best surprise gift ever contest! McKay was blown away and we had the most amazing time together. It was my first trip to NYC and I fell in love with the big apple.


February: Homeowners, and soon-to-be-parents  
This was one of the biggest - despite being the shortest - months of the year. We bought a house, moved in, and found out we were expecting our first baby. Wow!


March: Play time
Thanks to some  generous family members we became the grateful owners of a baby grand piano this month. Watching the two burley men haul the thing upstairs was quite a spectacle!

April: Pomp and Circumstance
This was another very important month - I graduated!!!! After five years of full time schooling, I got my Bachelors of Arts degree from BYU. It was an incredible experience that I wouldn't trade . . . and I'm so glad to be done with!


May: Here comes the bride
McKay's baby sister, Rachel got married this month. The wedding and reception went beautifully and the happy couple took off to Paris . . . Texas where they spent the next 8 months doing an internship.

June: It's a girl!
We celebrated our first anniversary this month, and later found out that we would be having a baby girl!


 

July: Hit the road, Jack

This was road trip month. For the 4th of July we spontaneously decided to drive to San Francisco to visit Kimball, Wendy, and Jack. Monta was in DC for a wedding so Rob came along with us and we had a grand old time! Later in July I went with McKay on a quick little business trip to Vegas. I relaxed, swam, napped and window-shopped while he went to meetings and then we had the evenings to ourselves. We saw Cirque du soleil and enjoyed the sights, heat, and good food.



August: You've had a birthday, shout hooray!
I turned 24 this month and got in my first traffic accident (read about it here)

McKay decorated the living room and made crepes for my birthday breakfast!
September: wilderness explorer badge
We celebrated Labor Day by going on a 3 day campout in the Uintas. At 7 months pregnant I was both uncomfortable and proud of myself for being so hard core! More details here.








































October: Oh baby!!
Arriving 11 days early, our sweet baby girl was born on October 23, 2010. Harper Olene made her debut at 2:32 pm and weighed in at 7 lbs, 12 oz, 21 inches long. She was born with dark hair, chubby cheeks and bright eyes. We fell in love with her right away!



November: I will survive
Aside from the usual Thanksgiving food and fun, November's highlight was simply surviving our first month of parenthood, learning more about our little cutie and being a bit sleepy.


December: We are family
Christmas and McKay's birthday are always highlights of December. This year was great because Kimball, Wendy and Jack were in town to celebrate. We were excited that they got to meet Harper. Jack was especially cute with her!


All in all, it's been a fabulous and eventful year! Here's to an equally great 2011.

4 comments:

  1. Cheers! You have had a noteworthy year! I'm glad that we have found a way to reconnect. It's fun to watch all the cool things you're up to. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great year!
    I am just realizing that Harper's initials spell HOT. Nice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a really fun review of 2010 - very entertaining! In reply to Harper's initials being HOT - so awesome! Enoch's are EOR, so we've gotten him several Eyeore dolls. Although I'm not sure I want him to emulate a depressed donkey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun year for you guys! Definitely jealous of the house! Harper is darling. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete