Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Recipes with Rachel, September edition

Rach and I decided to cut our weekly recipe adventure down to two per month. Cheaper and more realistic! September’s recipes were Miso soup and granola.

I already blogged about the Miso soup (cause I only blog about soup these days . . .) so we'll move on to the granola!

Chunky date, coconut and almond granola was enjoyed by all this past week. It was fantastic! I’ve made it twice in the last few days. We had a Fallidays family soup night on Friday and enjoyed the granola with fresh peaches and vanilla ice cream for dessert! On Sunday I made a double batch – just used up the rest of the nuts and dates and had more oats than chunks – to share with my visiting teaching sisters. We’re in love with the granola, although we are still trying to get the perfect balance of the spices. McKay thought the first batch had too much cinnamon, and I think this one has too much allspice! But we’ll definitely keep making this one and I’m sure we’ll get it down.

2 comments:

  1. i like your fun cooking projects. i need to turn dinner prep into a a fun project again. Keep posting links and tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked at your baby blog-you are looking just as cute as ever!

    ReplyDelete